This week, I decided to do something a little different.
As a Victorian Romance Writer, I also love to read the writings of Emily Dickinson. That being the case, I searched high and low until I found just the right prize I could offer to one of you!
For the next several days, as I run a little writer and reader survey here at A PEN FOR YOUR THOUGHTS, I am giving you the opportunity to win one of Emily's favorite items. (More or Less.)
If you love romance straight out of the 19th century, or even if you don't, I thought you might enjoy doing this special something with me.
I kind of call it that extra highlight to a Summer day...
Here's how it goes: I will write out a few survey questions. As you respond, I want your most honest answers to any or all questions you wish to respond to. Got it?
When we're all done sending in our this n' that answer choices, I will draw one special name (at random, of course), and the winner will get the awesome little prize you see below.
YOU'LL LOVE IT
I sure do
Here it is:
Emily Dickinson Inkwell & Quill Pen
Direct from one of my favorite shops
Victorian Trading Co!
There was once a purposeful intent when pondered words
were tediously scribed in fresh ink.
Experience the romance!
Pewter & glass. 3".
A $25 value
Are you ready for the survey?
1. What is the best book series you ever read or wrote, and why?
2. What do you like to see in a book first? The backcover, the front cover, the blurb, the endorsements, the first few pages, the end, where it was published?
3. What do you REALLY look for in a book?
4. What makes you put a book down real fast?
5. When is your favorite time of day to read?
6. How inclined are you to read a debut author, or an unknown author?
7. How long does it take you to write a book, start to finish, or READ a book, start to finish?
8. What is your favorite genre and why?
9. Do you still write letters? Why or why not?
10. Who is your favorite Victorian poet?
Okay...Go for it. I REALLY look forward to hearing from you! Remember to include your email address for me. Thanks. Hope I draw your name!
Congratulations to Melinda Elsmore from Arizona. My daughter just drew your name! Watch your mail or UPS drivers. Your gift will arrive in about ten days or so. BLESSINGS to you from Shirley