Saturday, March 7, 2015

Everyone Loves Christmas in Spring, Right?

I feel privileged to be able to share another author with you here on my bog. Please join me in saying hello to  Evelyn M Timidaiski, a South Carolina gal. 


SDC: Welcome to A Pen for Your Thoughts, Evelyn. Please tell us a little about yourself. 

EMT: I am a widow with two grown children and one grandchild and have enjoyed taking to the task of writing after retiring from my profession as a Biology teacher. While I do still work with special students, I chose to start writing to fill the void I felt after leaving my teaching job. My home is in Lexington, S.C.where I also spend time with my two pups, Fancy and Bitsey.

SDC: When did you actually begin writing?

EMT: Back in 2010. I finished my first book in 2012 and published my first book last year.

SDC: How does it feel being a published author? 

EMT: I'm still trying to get used to the title, "author." My first book is called Holly and Snowflake Christmas.  I'm waiting anxiously to see how readers react to my novel and writing style. 

SDC:  What else inspires your writing days? 

EMT: I have a great sense of humor and incorporate this into my characters.  Writing has given me the opportunity to tell the stories that keep popping up inside me. Whether it's Romantic Suspense, Mystery, or Fantasy, I love to dive right in and explore the possibilities.

SDC: Tell us what you are working on right now.

EMT: I currently have several projects going, including the sequel  to Holly. It's called Return to Snowflake.

SDC: I wish you the best of luck on your new book. Before we go, please tell us a little more about yourself.

EMT: I taught both Biology and Science for twenty eight years. In my novels, I call upon that experience when writing vivid descriptions of nature. Writing is very similar to teaching. You need to make a plan, keep it interesting, and use discipline for everything to work.

I recently wrote an article about Native American Characters in novels. It can be found on Desert Breeze Publishing. I've had a fascination with Native Americans since childhood. I wanted to write a Christmas Book and I had just been to Arizona so I combined the two.

Snowflake is an actual town in Arizona. I used the name, but made up everything else about the town. Desert Breeze has asked me to make this a series. The series name is Snowflake and the next book comes out November first. It will be called, Return to Snowflake. Notah, the hero in Snowflake is a heart stopping, sizzling Navajo Police Chief. He falls hard for a California, biker girl who comes speeding through his town.

I try very hard to incorporate real Native American tradition and show the plight of the Native Americans who live on reservations.

SDC: Give us a glimpse of your new book. 

Holly Dunnell has always dreamed of the perfect family Christmas, but never experienced one. When her famous racer father is killed on the track, she steals a priceless prototype and tries to ride away her grief.

Proud Native American Police Chief Andrew Notah works hard to protect the people of Snowflake, AZ, and the nearby reservation. Burned by past experiences, he never expects to meet a woman who will love him and embrace his heritage.

After arresting Holly for speeding recklessly, Andrew is attacked by a cougar. Tending his wounds Holly discovers the real meaning of Christmas and love.

Christmas morning brings a warrant for Holly's arrest. Andrew must choose between love and duty.

SDC:  It sounds very inviting. It's been a pleasure sharing you with the guests who come by A Pen For Your Thoughts!  How can the readers reach you, Evelyn? 


For those of you who are interested, here is a link to where you can pick up your copy of Holly and Snowflake Christmas. 

What better way  to celebrate Christmas and love in spring?






No comments:

Post a Comment