Wednesday, May 18, 2011

None of Us Should Forget

Since Memorial Day is just a hop, skip, and jump away, I decided to make certain I brought emphasis to the importance of this time of year, here at my blog. Everything about this Memorial Season touches my heart deeply.


I often wonder how often many of us think about just why we take this time to have our barbecues and picnics and little vacations away from the reality of life. 


Let me ask you.
Do you have someone you are thinking about at this time of year especially? Are you getting ready to bring honor and memory to someone who perhaps has gone before you for a very special purpose? It's so easy to forget how so many gave their lives for our ability to live in freedom.
So let's not.


This week and next week, we are going to bring some attention to the writings of two special authors, who have gone out of their ways to write about love, compassion, life-decisions, and the military, for the same reason I find this time of year so special. I hope you will be as blessed as I am to share in this memorable time.


Our first author to share with you is Catherine West.

 Educated in Bermuda, England and Canada, Catherine holds a degree in English from the University of Toronto. When she's not at the computer working on her next story, you can find her taking her Border Collie for long walks or tending to her roses and orchids. Catherine and her husband live on the beautiful island of Bermuda, with their two college-aged children. Catherine is a member of Romance Writers of America, and American Christian Fiction Writers. Catherine's debut novel Yesterday's Tomorrow, released March 15th, through Oak Tara Publishers.



Website: http://www.catherinejwest.com
OakTara Website: http://www.oaktara.com
Blog: http://www.catherinewestblog.blogspot.com
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVQUMRlYhkM


A Vietnam special just for us...


Yesterday's Tomorrow
Vietnam1967


Independent, career-driven journalist Kristin Taylor wants two things: to honor her father's memory by becoming an award-winning overseas correspondent and to keep tabs on her only brother, Teddy, who signed up for the war against their mother's wishes. Brilliant photographer Luke Maddox, silent and tumultous battle until, in an unexpected twist, they're forced to work together. Ambushed by love, they must decide whether or not to set aside their own private agendas for the hope of tomorrow that has captured their hearts.
Drop us a note and tell us what YOU have planned for Memorial Day this year and WHY you celebrate this day at your house. We would love to hear from you.

We also hope you'll take a few minutes to drop by Catherine's blog too. She is holding a great competition I'm sure you'll want to get in on. Her link is listed below

2 comments:

  1. This sounds like an interesting story. Thanks. Memorial Day is always important to me. I have a son in the military who has been on the battlefield. Thankfully he is safe and healthy. My dad was in the war too. And yes, I've known of many who lost their lives. I always try to remember them well not only in may but throughout the year.
    Janice Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a very special time for me. I have a lot of military in my family. Thanks so much for honoring this time.
    diane Carter
    Cloverdale

    ReplyDelete